The Plan

This is the plan at the moment.

It’s nice and vague to give us room to change as we want to. I may look back at this and wonder at the naivety of it or look back at it and all these places, that are now just names, will be filled with great memories.

Start point is Torquay because this is where Cerise is at the moment.

next stop Roscoff/Morlaix on the Britany coast

Heading round the corner to Brest and wait for a weather window.

Across Biscay to the north coast of Spain. This is going to interesting at this time of year. We will need to be patient and wait for a good weather window. To people wandering why we don’t go down through the canals of France we have a keel stepped mast so dropping it would be a pain and at 1.85m our draft is too much.

From Northwest Spain we will round the corner and head down the Portuguese coast. As yet I don’t know if we will do this in short day hops or head further offshore to give ourselves some sea room. I’d like to stop in Peniche for some surf and Lisbon just to see the city.

From Portugal we head down to the coast of Morocco and the Canary Islands.

On down to Cape Verde to explore the islands there then an April crossing to the north coast of Brazil. Enduring the doldrums as we go. We will be to late to make to standard sleigh ride direct to the Caribbean as we would be arriving just before the start  of the cyclone season there. We will be safe further south in Brazil and we get to see Brazil 🙂

Nearly off

We are starting from Torquay on the south coast of England. We are setting of in January. Not quite when we intended to start but the fact that we are setting off about 6 months later than planned isn’t going to stop us now.

First destination is a hop across the Channel to Roscoff. This will be a shakedown of sorts for all the work we’ve been doing on the boat getting her ready to go. We’ve sailed there before in our old boat so there shouldn’t be anything to unexpected and it’s only a short crossing so we can pick a nice weather window.

We had set before Christmas as our deadline and to train down through France for Christmas with Mel’s family but late booking train prices made us give up on that idea and an excuse to delay. Glad we did the week before Christmas which would have been our window to sail had massive waves coming hitting the UK coast as well as a gale and at best a headwind the whole way across.

We now just have a few little bits to do and we should be off. We’ve been telling everyone January, but then we told everyone (including ourselves) October as well.